Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Print “Hello World!!!”

So….finally my blog is up and running. Obviously I am excited writing my first blog post. This is just an introductory post which gives you an insight about what you are going to find in my blog posts in the near future.

Why I turned to blogging?

Let’s start with answering this very basic question- why I left the basic human nature of leading a comfortable life and took the pains to start a blog. Well, there are two main reasons for this.

1) To hone my writing skills. Want to know why? Then read the next two paragraphs (which are pretty lengthy) else you could skip them.
The power to express themselves precisely is one of the most gifted tools possessed by human-beings which put them apart from other forms of animals or mammals (Yeah, I know that human-brain is what actually sets us apart. But as it does not match the context of this post; let’s just keep it out-of-this-discussion). Speaking and writing are obviously, two of the most important forms of expressing yourselves (hmm…..what about mimes….they neither speak nor write but they are pretty good at expressing themselves….ok we can say that acting is another nice form….but since I am in no mood to discuss acting-skills here let’s just dump it for now as well). Though these skills matter only to some extent in smaller ages but once you enter into the professional world, these back-benchers are no more worth neglecting.
The way you express your ideas whether verbally or in-written-form determines how successful you are going to become. Preparing reports, giving lectures, attending seminars, discussing ideas, anything and everything demands you to be good in these two basic skill-sets. If anyone reading this post thinks that writing and speaking are the ornaments required only for a non-tech job, wake-up buddy!!! Technical field demands them equally as any other non-technical field. Be it the product-development meetings where you need to explain technical details to your technically ignorant clients, or be it writing of research papers where you need to be very crisp while mentioning the research work you have pursued for months or years in a few pages, or be it documenting your computer codes where a well-documented code can save hours of mind-boggling of your fellow programmers; everything expects you to be at least a decent-if-not-superb writer and speaker.
The epitome of the whole discussion is that you need to give at-least some weightage to develop your communication skills as well. So, when I realized that I am still a novice in writing and its high-time to get better, I thought of starting to write a blog. It might not be the best way, but I guess it would surely give some boost up. For verbal skills, haha…..once you get into an engineering college you chirp like a bird day-in and day-out and you hardly need any improvements. Anyways, we can think about it later when someone introduces something like an “interactive audio blog”.
2) Self-Documentation.
The other reason why I wanted to start blogging was to self-document my experiences. And they might just prove beneficial for others as well.
The title Decoded: What you should expect out of my blog-site.
Just in case you had some problem understanding why I kept the name of my blog as “Vijit, Me and the World”, so let me explain it in this section. This name is slightly inspired from the movie “Me, myself and Irene” starring Jim Carrey. Finding it hard to get the analogy between the two titles?? Don’t strain your brain, just leave it.
As the name suggests, this blog will feature posts regarding Vijit (which will feature posts from the perspective of a person the world thinks I am); regarding me (which I am from within, so they are going to be a bit philosophical) and about the world (through which I would discuss my exploration of the world).
How to make out the most of my blog-site
I would highly appreciate if you could follow my blog and criticize, or like or comment on my posts. Since I am pretty open to discussions, it would be great if you could post your comments in case you disagree with my posts.

So, pack your bags and get ready to dive into the world of “Vijit, me and the World”………………… 

No comments:

Post a Comment